2. Brussels Sprouts Slaw with a Twist
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts (sliced thinly with a food processor)
- ¾ pound thick-cut bacon (chopped into half-inch pieces)
- 2 green apples (peeled, coarsely grated, squeezed dry)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leave
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Prepare
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp, over medium to high heat. Drain excess oil. Save the bacon fat for later.
- Turn the heat up to high, on the same skillet, add 2 tbsps. of butter and 2 tbsps. of bacon fat.
- Add half of the Brussels sprouts. Cook until soft, stirring often.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove and set aside. Cook the remaining Brussels sprouts in the remaining 2 tbsps. butter and 2 tsp. bacon fat.
- Add the first batch of cooked sprouts. And then add the apples, ginger, thyme, and ACV. Stir until the apples are heated, roughly 1 to 2 minutes.
- Arrange the slaw on a platter. Top with cooked bacon before serving.