Apple cider vinegar is great for cooking because of its versatility. It’s more than just your regular vinegar. This article is dedicated to a variety of recipes that you can easily follow and do at home.
1. Grilled Halibut with Vinaigrette
Serve this when you have your in-laws over and they’ll love you for it.
- 2 halibut fillets (roughly 4 ounces each)
- 1 large gold beet (peeled, boiled, diced)
- 1 large beet (peeled, boiled, diced)
- ¼ cup farro
- 1 crisp apple (diced)
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. pistachios (chopped)
- 2 scallions (sliced)
- Salt & pepper
How to Prepare
- Season halibut with salt and pepper. Brush with oil. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, boil 2 quarts salted water and cook beets until tender (approximately 30 to 40 minutes). Allow the beets to cool down at room temperature before you peel and slice them.
- In a saucepan, cook farro with 1 cup salted water, simmer until tender or until water has been absorbed (approximately 20 minutes).
- In a large salad bowl, whisk ACV, olive oil, scallions, and pistachios. Add beets, farro, and apples. Toss gently. Set aside.
- Grill halibut fillet over medium to high heat (roughly 5 minutes on each side).
- Divide the farro salad into 2 plates and top with a piece of grilled halibut. Garnish with sliced scallions.